Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Numero Cuatro

Topic of the week:
Best Halloween Candy

I may be 18 going on 19, but I still love trick-or-treating. I figure if I have a good enough costume, people won't be able to tell how old I am, and most people are willing to give you candy if you actually put effort into your outfit. So, yes I will still try and go trick-or-treating this year, but that's not the issue.

I want to discuss what the goal is of the evening, which is of course candy. As much candy as possible. My friends and I are hard core when it comes to getting as many sweets as possible. But I'm not going to divulge my secrets. I will tell you what my favorite items are to receive on All Hallows' Eve night. For me, it's those little packages of sour patch kids. There's only like five in a package, but if I am able to acquire six of those that's at least 30 pieces of sour patch!! Those are also hard to trade for sense almost everyone likes those, but I am always willing to trade a prime piece of Reese's or whatever your favorite chocolate bar is. Keep that in mind, if you go trick-or-treating.

But, anyways back to the loot. One thing I despise getting are those black and orange taffies. No matter how recently they have been purchased, they look like the person fished them out of their 50 year old Halloween bag that was in the back of their closet. And you can't sell those pieces of candy away. I'm also not a fan of getting icee pops or any kind of ice cream, it may be a creative thing to give out but after freezing my butt off for four hours that is the last thing I want to eat.

Now, I don't mean to be rude but Mequon seems like a pretty ritzy area. And ritzy areas tend to give out large candy bars or several other pieces of candy. Which means this year may be an epic year. EPIC.

1 comment:

  1. As far as I'm concerned as long as the costume has enough effort put into it, who cares how old the trick-or-treater is? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete